Truly understanding what it means to care for and support guests with special needs while providing love and comfort just like home means the world to worried pet parents. A luxury pet resort like DogsWorld Resort is an ideal pet care partner, offering you the peace of mind you need to take that much-needed vacation.
When boarding a special needs dog, keep the following three things in mind:
- Don’t settle: Find a pet resort that is the perfect fit for your pet. To do that, you should ask plenty of questions. Whether your special needs pet has limited mobility, a chronic health condition, or a disability like blindness, find out what measures are going to be taken to care for them while you’re away. Ask which veterinary hospitals and doctors the resort works with, including your own. Does the facility designate separate areas for dogs with special needs? What experience do they have catering to a dog like yours?
- Provide detailed and up-to-date information: Be open and honest with whatever pet resort you choose, informing the staff of all useful information. This will ensure your dog has a pleasant and stress-free transition and a carefree visit filled with plenty of love and personalized attention.
Make a comprehensive list of your dog’s needs and comforts and double-check to make certain you haven’t missed anything. Items to consider include:
- Dietary needs and feeding times/portions.
- Behavioral concerns
- Disabilities (blindness, deafness, etc.)
- Known allergies.
- Prioritize medications: Whatever your dog’s special need may be – from anxiety to chronic health conditions, to recovery from an operation – medication may be a factor. Be sure to provide all necessary medications, in their original bottle, along with specific dosing guidelines to your pup’s caretakers. If your special needs dog is more agreeable to taking medication in conjunction with particular treats, be sure to pack those as well.
With the right luxury pet resort to care for your special needs dog, you can enjoy your summer vacation to the fullest. The DogsWorld Resort team in Jupiter, Florida, understands each pet is unique, and that some dogs require extra and/or different accommodations based on their breed, age, personality, and other special needs. Our team will work with you to create a personalized care plan for your dog. Our goal is to make every pet’s stay exceptional, and we go out of our way to make boarding your special needs dog a positive and enriching experience. Call 561-320-9122 to book your reservation today.